People have been talking about it for years now. It's been so hyped up that everyone expects to see it around the corner very soon. But the truth is that , whatever people may say, it will still take some years before we can actually see what can be termed as the 'mobile lifestyle'
so what in the first place is a mobile lifestyle? how ever do you get to call someone a 'mobie' (someone who lives a mobile lifestyle)?
Well think of the following:
- you wake up in the morning, pick up your cellphone, check out the breakfast menu of a nearby cafe. Send in an order for breakfast through your phone. Payment done through the phone also.
- You go to the washroom, and listen to the early morning news through your cellphone as you shave.
- breakfast arrives and you check out your daily schedule through your phone as you eat.
- you then call a cab using your phone while you put on your tie.
- you go downstairs to the waiting cab as you engage the house security system (which is linked to your phone)
- While in the cab, you are already doing a phone conference with members of your project team.
- you get off at the office (cab fare paid through your phone), and your phone engages the security systems of the office.
And that is just a sample....
now I wonder as to when we can actually get to that point :-)