Thursday, July 20, 2006

Recorders

Sometimes when I am traveling, I like to take notes of things. It can be about anything. It can be about the view I am looking at, or something I see or feel, tasted, smelled (hopefully not bad) or touched.

It used to be that handheld recorders were used for these. But with the advent of PDAs and mobile phones, I was thinking that it would be great if it was possible to use cellphones or PDAs to record at least 2 hours of audio.

I am sure it is possible, the circuitry and the memory is already present, the only thing needed now would be to actually enable the units to act as voice recorders.

Admit it, there are times when its really easier to just record an audio clip than to actually write it down. Imagine walking down the grocery aisle, you suddenly remember something. You just pull out your PDA or cellphone, and then record "Note to self: flush toilet when you get home"

Now wouldnt that be easier?

am not sure about PDAs but my cellphone does not have that capability. But if PDAs do have that, then I will buy that immediately.

No comments: